Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Would You Drink From A toilet?

If you were very thirsty and the only water in the house was the water in the toilet would you drink it?

What if the water was clean and the toilet was brand new, never been used. Would you drink it then? Why not?

Don't worry you are not alone. Most people wouldn't. But it is all a matter of perception. What we see is not always what is real yet we refuse to believe it or change our minds even though we know better.

Here's me drinking from the toilet at the Exploratorium in San Francisco. It was put there to make this same point. The fountain is fine and the toilet has never been used but everyone was grossed out by just thinking about drinking from it.

3 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a question and you said you would answer three if I read your newsletter.

1. Can you supply access for an effective telemarketing script for loan originators?

2. What are the best type (criteria) of names to call for mortage leads?

3. Where are the best resources for names for calling for mortgage leads?

Thanks for answering the three questions.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Ameen Kamadia said...

1. Actually I am working on a set of scripts to use when talking to prospects. But I do not do any cold calling, so I do not have any scripts for that.

When I was a realtor we did a lot of that and the line we used then, "Hello Mr. ____ I am ameen from coldwell banker real estate, I was wondering if you knew of anyone who needed to sell their home?"

This is a rather bad script, but at that time it was all I had so I used it. The results were horrible, and I learned then that cold-calling is not the smart way to do business.

2. The best leads are people who need a loan now. So the sooner you follow up with any leads the better. Sub-prime is a good market right now. And so is reverse mortgage holders, and the interest only and arm mortgage holders.

3. The best source is your own marketing. Nothing beats your own leads. Other then that I cannot recommend anyone, because I have not bought leads in a long time. There are lots companies selling leads so be careful.

I have posted some good resources on our website at www.mortgagebrokertraining.com/resources.html

 
At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you say you was a Realtor. Why did you change. Currently I am a realtor thing are slow. Is loans better you think?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home