Wednesday, March 08, 2006

An Oscar Marketing Lesson


There's me and the Oscar I won for Marketing genius of the year!

Too bad it was stuck to the podium with metal rope so I couldn't take it home. :)

I thought this way a great marketing ploy. For the Oscars they set up a small shop will 50 real Oscar statues in cases that people could look at. And they had this one, where people could pick up and take pictures with.

I have never watched the Oscars before this year, but because I held that trophy I wanted to watch. They got me involved in the product. Any time you can let the customer test the product without taking the risk and buying it, you are going to sell a lot more of that product.

It's called the puppy dog close. A little girl sees a puppy in the pet shop window. The owner offers to let the girl and father take the dog home for a night. If the father says yes, he just bought himself a puppy. Because that little girl is never going to give it up, especially after she falls in love with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home