Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Around the Country in 365 Days

I read a survey once that asked hundreds of people what is the one thing they would love to do if they could do anything. The number one answer was to travel.

I too have a desire to travel and see the world. It's one of my many goals in life to experience as many countries and places as possible.

So when the chance came up for my wife and I to travel across the country for a year, we couldn't resist. By profession, my wife is a nurse. And they have something called travel nursing, where hospitals across the country will hire you for short durations 2- 6 months. They pay for travel expenses, rent and utilities. They even pay for full medical and provide life insurance.

And since I have moved away from lead generating for my own loans and converted to a referral only business, I have the ability to travel as well. It doesn't hurt that I have a great team back in the office that can handle all my loans for me while I am gone.

So, I have decided to use this blog to chronicle our adventures, and share what the mortgage and real estate industries are doing around the country. So many of the loan officers I talk to feel that their city or market is so radically different from everywhere else that they need special attention. And that is true in some cases but not in most.

By reading my observations of the mortgage industries in other markets not only will you learn what others are doing, but you will see many similarities between the markets I travel to and your own.

I hope that you will travel with us, enjoying the photos we post, and learn from the marketing I will share with you as we move around.

The plan is to be in the L.A area for 3 months. Then go to San Francisco for 3 months. Then spend some time in New York, and one other place - hopefully Hawaii.

I will try to post as often as possible. So check in every so often.

3 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is real inexciting to see people in the industry prospering, I would like to learn some of your secrets on where your clients come from and how are you servicing them while you are on the road???
Rebecca

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Ameen Kamadia said...

Actually, the staff at the office does the work for me. I do not take on new clients. I only work with people who I have worked with in the past or those that have been referred to me by those I have worked with before. Anyone else that calls asking for me is referred to another loan officer in the office.

I am really lucky, in that my father is also a mortgage broker and I can count on him to oversee my loans while I am not there.

I could not travel the way I am without someone I trust wo knows what they are doing.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Ameen Kamadia said...

Matthew,

Actually I have another book coming out called Jump Start Your Mortgage Career How To Generate Loans Within 30 Days. So that is somewhat like the challange you mention. But I like the idea. It would be interesting to try.
thanks
ameen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home