Wednesday, March 08, 2006

We're going flying!


Boy are you going to be jealous when you read what we did!

We actually flew airplanes. Yes, real airplanes and we flew them ourselves.


This is the plane Hina flew. We had pilots with us to do the take offs and landings, but we fly the whole time we were in the air.

And we took off at the same time, so we could take pictures of each other in the air. The ones I tool of Hina are still in the disposable.

These are the pictures Hina took of me in my plane, a restored World War II Warbird. This plane actually flew in the war. In the picture on the right, you can actually see me looking towards the camera. Look for my yellow shirt.

I opted for the more adventurous flight. Once we got off the coast, we took it up to 200 mph and started doing aerial aerobatics!

I flew the plane and did rolls, loops, turns, and some other stuff of which I don't remember the name.

A roll, is where the plane stays straight but revolves 360 degrees. Imagine sticking a stick through the plane from the front to the tail, and spinning the wings.

A loop is when you pull back on the stick and make the plane do a full loop in the air. We hit 3G's while doing this maneuver and I could only do it 3 times, before I started feeling sick. The rolls were much easier on the stomach :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home