Monday, June 27, 2005

Answer to Phil

Phil Midas said...
1. I left a large finance company to work with a broker. I am doing my own digging to come up with leads, can you offer any suggestions for getting leads with out paying up front? (I am currently searching county courthouse files for deeds on b/c lenders and cold calling. Takes time and I'm not getting very many applications.)

2. When I go to a Real Estate office to try to get leads, everyone says, "Fax us your b-card, mail us some info, or, just drop off your info and we'll put it around the office." How can I get IN with the realators?

3. On my cold calls, I am using was I was taught on my previous job, and I feel like I'm striking out. Can you offer info on scripts or fresh info on how to get peopl's attention?

I've been reading your info for the last few weeks, great stuff. Like the idea of "Paying it Forward."

Phil,

Seems like you need more business. :) Who doesn't want more business. There are many great ways to get leads and prospects. My company sells many systems that you can use to get more business.

What you need is an entire system. I cannot answer your question in just a few lines here. And if I told you all I know then who would buy my stuff? :)

I sound like I am just promoting my own stuff, but if you want realtors, you should try, The Marketing to Realtors Toolkit


As for cold calling - don't waste your time. The best way is to think like a person wanting to buy a house. What does this person do, where does he go, what does he read, and what does he want.

Then offer this person what he wants, at the place he goes, in the publications he reads, while he is doing the things he does.

Get him to raise his hand and say "yes, I need a loan".

I am not going to give you any cold calling scripts because I don't want you to get in trouble with Do Not Call, and I don't want you wasting your time talking to answering machines. The people you need to talk to aren't home anyway.

Determine your marketing budget. Determine a way to get prospects to raise their hands. Then follow up religiously.

Check out the marketing products page at www.mortgagebrokertraining.com for more options.

2 Comments:

At 4:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually i liked Phil's idea of searching out priors on b/c loans. Any tips on how to do that?

Regarding "free" leads; i pick out an apartment complex (with a rent structure that "qualifies" them as potential home owners) and mail to them. Sometimes as "occupant". and sometimes i use one of the free websites to get their name. i prefer to actually use their name but don't know if it's been worth the extra effort. What do you think?

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Ameen Kamadia said...

For the b/c's I just answered this question. Look for the post, Answer To Joe.

The apartment thing is a great idea too. You can keep the same mailing list for years and years.

If you use a postcard the name doesnt matter. If you send an envelope they wont open it if it says occupant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home