Monday, June 27, 2005

Answer to Chaps

Chaps said...
I am in the military an I am considering the mortgage business for when I retire. I would like to start working part-time nights and weekends. What would your suggestions be to get hired by an industry that seem to only want to hire experienced people who can work 9-5. I am in the Norfolk, Va area. VA requires three years experience before running your own mortgage brokering business.


Chaps,

Well, you won't be able to start your own business anytime soon will ya? :) Unless you partner with someone who meets that criteria.

Even in your area, there much be small mom and pop mortgage companies that will hire you on a commission only basis. They won't train and will treat you as a nuisance if you do not produce but at least you can get started.

Working part time is how many people get started. And I recommend it if you can do it because the first few months are the roughest in terms of income. Don't quit your day job until you earn enough in fees.

You are just going to have to keep searching. Get your phone book out and start calling. Ask for the manager, and make your pitch. Tell them why they should hire you instead of asking if they have an opening.

"Hi, I am Chaps, a hard working, motivated loan officer with a large sphere of influence, and I am looking for a company to work at on a commission basis where I can submit my loans from. Are you interested in my loans?"

They will ask "How many loans?" You answer, "Well if you are interested and have an opening, we can arrange a time to meet, so I can check out your operation as well." or whatever you want to say.

Good Luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home